We, like 99.9% of the world’s population, absolutely adore Reddit. And one of our favourite subreddits by far is r/showerthoughts. It’s a place where people post thoughts and philosophical ideas that come to mind – usually when they’re doing something banal like having a shower. Or commuting to work. Or just actually working.
Most of the time these shower thoughts really make you think. Normally to the point where your brain starts to hurt. Or you just think, “Why the hell did I not think of that before?”
We’ve rounded up some of the best shower thoughts here – but feel free to let us know your favourites over on our Facebook page.
- Does ‘do not touch’ exist in Braille?
- At some point your parents picked you up, put you down and never picked you back up again.
- Netflix and chill is just one D away from Netflix and child.
- Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?
- Brushing your teeth is the only time you clean your skeleton.
- “False Information” spelled backwards is “False Information”
- Sarah Connor was the first victim of cyber-bullying.
- To stop a piece of paper from folding, you put it in a folder.
- A bed is a shelf for your body when you are not using it.
- You never know how many people you dislike until you have to name your child.
- The early 90’s version of Snapchat would be a fax machine attached to a paper shredder.
- Your shadow is a confirmation that light has travelled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet thanks to you.
- Sheet music is like a sound recipe.
- Imagine being completely naked in a room full of people who speak a different language and everyone wants to touch you. This is the life of a dog.
- When you’re criticized for being short, they’re really just saying the worst thing about you is that there isn’t more of you.
- Bruce Banner is the only man who increases the size of his carbon footprint when he goes green.
- I wonder if my cat thinks the delivery guy is my owner because he gives me food.
- Reading is just staring at marked slices of wood for hours while hallucinating vividly.
- Life never really left the water. It just evolved to carry little pools of of it around on land.
- Our hair turning grey is like our body running out of ink.
- Books replaced tablets over a thousand years ago.
- Nicholas Cage is Schrödinger’s Actor. Both good AND bad until we watch the film.
- Thanks to the word “indescribable”, there’s nothing that cannot be described.
- Saying “Amen” is like the holy way of saying “true that”.
- The number of people older than you only ever gets smaller.
- Doctor Who, a TV Show, is older than Singapore, a developed first world country.
- Sleeping is cool. It’s like being dead without the commitment.
- The fact that Jessica Biel decided not to name her son Batmo is quite a missed opportunity.
If you enjoyed this article on the best shower thoughts, then you’ll definitely like some of RiseFeed’s other content. Why not try Airplane Safety Instructions That Might Just Save Your Life , What Can The Average Person Do in 9 Minutes? and This Is How Six of Our Favourite Kids TV Shows Ended.