Celebrities: they’re pretty fascinating. Not only do they appear to lead luxurious and exciting lives, many also have beautiful clothing and impressive financial portfolios. I mean, yesterday I went to Tesco and bought a microwaveable curry pot from the reduced section. I’m not jealous of celebs. I swear…
Of course, along with all their riches and accomplishments, celebrities also have more than their fair share of odd idiosyncrasies. Many of these show up in the extensive demands that go along with an appearance. The following crazy celebrity backstage requests made us think twice about booking them for our cat’s third birthday party:
With a nickname like “QueenB”, it only makes sense that Beyoncé would be a bit, shall we say particular. Okay, perhaps particular is a little too forgiving. She is downright demanding. (But we still love her.) Here are just a few of her must-haves whenever she performs:
- Dressing room must be kept to 78 degrees.
- She also requires hot food in the form of juicy baked chicken legs, wings and breasts seasoned generously with cayenne pepper, black pepper, fresh garlic and season salt, and don’t forget the lightly seasoned steamed spinach and green beans.
- Rose-scented candles must be present, along with a lighter.
- Don’t let anything Coca-Cola make its way into her dressing room. (This is due to a contractual agreement with Pepsi, so we probably can give her a pass on this one.)
- In her dressing room bathroom, she demands four new white towels. Two for her face, two for her body.
- One case of Aquafina water, half of it being cold, half being room temperature.
Compared to other celebrity backstage requests, the Bieber doesn’t actually demand that much. However, his list is still worth a look at – some of it is just bizarre.
- Make sure the dressing room is between 68 and 75 degrees.
- Two cases of coke, water, ginger ale and diet coke, all on ice.
- Professional grade steamer.
- Professional quality ironing board and iron.
- Vicks steam inhaler.
- All food must be covered in clear plastic wrap and must be fresh.
- Must provide the star with his own private bathroom.
World renowned Katy Perry has some of the most outlandish costumes, full of flash and dazzle. Therefore, it’s no wonder that her list of demands also borders on the extreme. Here are just a few of the items that make up her extensive list of requirements:
- A bowl full of fresh, whole organic grown fruit, which should include grapes, oranges, bananas, apples.
- Snyder’s of Hanover Onion & Honey Mustard Pretzels.
- Purple and white hydrangeas, white and pink roses and peonies. NO CARNATIONS! Ever.
- One box of Huggies natural care baby wipes.
- Plate of fresh-cut Crudite’s, along with celery, snap peas, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumber and ranch dip.
Sir Paul McCartney
Even the gracious gentleman Sir Paul McCartney has some interesting demands for an appearance. Here are a few of his requirements:
- All lamps in the dressing room must be floor lamps and have a dimmer switch.
- No artificial or real versions of animal print on either furniture or on accessories. No meat and no leather around the room or in his limo. These demands are due to his personal passion in regards to animal rights.
- Six leafy and full floor plants. One large arrangement of pale pink and white roses and Casablanca lilies with lots of foliage.
- Provide a dry cleaner before arrival.
Enjoyed this article on ridiculous celebrity backstage requests? Then you’ll love some of RiseFeed’s other articles too! Why not try 5 Hollywood Celebrities You’ve Forgotten About and 6 Celebrities Who Have Stormed Out Mid-Interview.